We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Tuesday 24 February 2009

Wignall and Widgets ...

I forgot to mention yesterday that I added information on the site about Wignall Memorial although there isn't very much to go on at the moment until I do a bit more digging. Today I've added a page which gives a brief run down of where and what Thornton is, and has been ( almost confused myself there !)

Today I've been playing with Widgets which are my new favourite thing. For those of you who don't know what they are (and that would include me before this morning rock star quiz ) they are bits you attached to your site with extra bits on - and that's a computer fact! In the side bar I have added a Thornton 3 day weather forecast (don't blame me if it rains on your smalls) Local News and Wyre News. The news are linked to the Gazette. I've set the weather in Farenheit (old money) as it's the one I use but if everyone prefers Celcius I'll change it.

Just for Fun ... (always makes me laugh-turn your sound on)
run with your arrow keys and jump with the space bar
* Free Extreme Pamplona *


How to post a Comment
A

5 comments:

  1. Melanie,

    A couple of additional notes for you. At the time of the Domesday Book, I suspect that Fleetwood (or Quaggy Meols) was actually considered as part of Rossall rather than Thornton. The boundary line nowadays is just north of Bourne Hill...I think. At least it was last time I looked. (There's a big dotted line painted across the fields.)

    Also, bronze age artefacts (and Romano/British artefacts come to that matter) have been unearthed at the gymkhana field next to Skippool Creek and the River Wyre Hotel...which could probably be classified as Little Thornton...er...possibly...depending on your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Brian I will go over the description page again tomorrow. It all gets so confusing as different books give different details.

    I've got my boundary stopping at Skippool Creek so will have another gander at the map to see if I can tie the finds in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie,

    I appear to have made a boob. I could have sworn that Rossall had always been classified as a separate district from Thornton, but not according to the Victoria County History.

    I also suspect that the gymkhana field where the bronze age artefacts came up was actually part of Mains rather than Thornton now that I come to think again.

    I'm doing well tonight. Just ignore me and carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that's the big horrid red book I read with all the mumbo jumbo in it! It has some great facts but is really tough going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way I would much rather people questioned what I did than just let me post things that aren't true. The whole point of the site is bring together everyone's knowledge so it can all be found in one place for everyone.

    I sound a bit hippie now !

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM