We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Monday 9 February 2009

Thornton Hall

I've added some details about Thornton Hall to the website today.

I've tried to do the best with the information I can unearth but the more I dig, the more I realise how little information there is about Thornton. Hopefully I can find out more as there is a limit to the amount of times you can say: perhaps, maybe, most likely and probably !! I have placed a plea for help in next months Thornton Community News so hopefully more information will be forthcoming from the folk of Thornton soon.

Thornton Hall is the reason that I started the website after reading a post online from a lady asking for information from Australia. Her 2 x great Grandfather was born in the Fylde and named his famous ranch in Australia 'Thornton Hall' after emigrating in 1839. She found a newspaper article saying that he had sailed to Australia on the Ship 'Hope' which he had watched being built on the River Wyre. I now know that the Hope was built at Wardley's and was probably (one of my favourite words at the moment) the last large Ship built there before the construction of Fleetwood.

Full post here

Website for Thornton Hall, Australia

I want to bring together all the information I can get my hands on and make it available online 'free of charge' for anybody looking (subject to Google ever finding my site!). Also to try and preserve some of the knowledge held by the older generation before it is lost forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM