We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Friday 13 February 2009

Oulder Nook ...

I've been typing away all afternoon trying to make my notes into something legible and have now put details of Oulder Nook (aka Parr's Cottage) on the site. I have a great photo from the library marked Parr's Cottage, Parr's Lane showing an older gentleman (possibly Adam Parr) taken in 1892. On the back it says it belongs to Mr. A Holt so if you are out there can you get in touch. Finding out who owns the copyright on photos is like wading through treacle and driving me mad! I might just rebel soon and post all the pictures I have .. and then go and hide.

I'm signing off for the weekend now as I have a date tonight with my mate Smirnoff ( its my only vice - honestly). Anyway have a great weekend and don't forget it's the Farmers Market tomorrow.

If your computer screen needs a clean click below...
Eco-friendly screen cleaner ;-)

A

3 comments:

  1. Melanie,

    As a rule of thumb any photograph older than 1939 isn't copyrighted (there was some legal case that decided the matter, apparently) whereas any younger and you have to do your best to track down the original copyright holder...apparently.

    Incidentally, a quick correction to something I wrote the other day. Raikes Farm wasn't built in 1790. According to Michelle it was built in 1690. (It might be wise to check. There's a datestone on the side wall in plain view of Raikes Road...although I strongly suspect that Michelle is right.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photo advice Brian. I don't want to step on anyones toes but it's very hard to find people. I suppose also if somebody has donated it to the library then it's for public use. Oh sod it I'm going to post it !

    I have altered Raikes Farm to 1690 as Michelle will be right - us women always are you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Michelle will be right - us women always are you know."

    Even when you're wrong. I've learned this through cruel experience over the decades.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM