We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Sunday 22 February 2009

Sunday Quiz ...

Where am I ?

For this weeks quiz I have done a riddle which I hope isn't too easy !

I’m stood at a crossroads with roads straight and true,
Its name has been moved and is known to you.
A ‘maker of hides’ names the place on my right,
To my left leads a road to a gate that shuts tight.
Its name has been taken and moved somewhere near,
To a place where a service is held once a year.
Where am I?
confused smileys

DON'T POST YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS -
* Post them here *
Just fill in 'your name' & 'e-mail' and send your answer.

I'll reveal the answer tomorrow ...

For Fun

Click on the link to find out where in the uk people with your surname were living in 1881 and 1998.

* National Trust Names *


How to post a Comment

A

10 comments:

  1. I'm having major problems sending my answer in over at the other page. For some reason most of the 'Word Verification' code is off the edge of the page hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that ok for you i dont even have an answer yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,

    Neither have I. I was only filling in the form to ask for another clue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,

    You didn't used to write the clues for 3-2-1, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL .. no I didn't Brian

    I made it a bit harder this week because you both go it almost straight away last week. I tested it on my hubbie and he got it straight away (that means he does listen to what I tell him).

    I've just tried the form and it was ok for me but I had to put my e-mail address in as well. I will see if I can remove the code somewhere. Couldn't think of another way to do it so you couldn't see other peoples answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie,

    I think I've finally managed it. The three glasses of whisky didn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what your on the whiskey all ready, i have no idea so i am off the post an answer. the only one i can think of , it wont be right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike,

    I've found that four single malts (hold the ice) helps unravel the cryptic clues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had a maybe? and another correct answer so we might get a top 3 this week ! Hurah

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM