We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Tuesday 17 February 2009

Calf Heys ? ...

Well I've had another gathering trip to Fleetwood Library today .. took my passport ;-)

I've added an image of Fishers Fold today

If you're ever wanting to find local information the Local History Section upstairs is great and the staff are really helpful. Also if you are wanting to start tracing your family tree (hints and tips here) 'Ancestry' which is one of the biggest geneaology sites is free online at Wyre libraries .. that's a saving of £85.

I've also been looking at the listed buildings in Thornton and on Meadows Avenue it lists 'Calfs Hey'. It must be referring to Oulder Nook/Parr's Cottage as surely it must be listed, but I've never heard it referred to as that .. have you?

Also it's the monthly meeting of Wyre Archaeology tomorrow night: 18th Feb .. 7.00-7.30pm at Farmer Parr's.

Here's a great free site for old school photo's - they found me! ...
World School Photograph's


How to post a comment

A

4 comments:

  1. "It must be referring to Oulder Nook/Parr's Cottage as surely it must be listed, but I've never heard it referred to as that .. have you?"

    No.

    Incidentally, Melanie, it's Wyre Archaeology that's meeting tomorrow night. The Fylde & Wyre Antiquarian is just the name of the website. (I like to be awkward and confuse people. I'm not sure why.) Cheers for the plug though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problems Brian I will change it now.

    By the way do ICI own the land on the other side of the road where you dig or is it the council (god help us).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry and where are my manners .. thanks for the plug also .. its much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,

    The top of the hill is actually owned by Wyre Borough Council, but rented by James Parr. Tricky negotiations are forever in progress. The hall side of the road, as far as I'm aware, is actually owned by Lancashire County Council.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM