We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Thursday 12 February 2009

Wet and Wild ...

It's been such a horrid day today so I've spent most of it tinkering in the engine room of the site .. check out my pretty green buttons !

I was thrilled last night to get my first 'Memory Item' which I've posted. I don't want to sound patronising but well done to 'An Old One' for keeping up with technology. Dates and places are great but it's the stories that really bring the history to life.

I've now joined the Thornton Cleveleys Forum and am having great fun reminising about my mispent youth. Many happy days spent climbing trees in Tower Woods (before it was illegal to have fun) .. ah happy times.

There's a very interesting game of Celebrity Poker going on here in the 'Empty Envelopes' post. I'm running short of ideas for people born around/lived around here .. do you know any more ?

My next mission is to type up the details for Oulder Nook and if you're not sure where it is .. tune in next time folks !!

If you fancy staying up till the wee small hours, here's a really addictive free game for you ...
Bloxorz

2 comments:

  1. Prior to WW2 the signs on Thornton Station

    Read Thornton For Cleveleys,it was a pretty busy place, 2 IOM boat trains 3or 4v fish trains depending on the London Markets, local pasenger trainevery 30 minutes, and a coal yard,

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work the site is getting better by the day,

    and yes it has been a horrible day .

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM