We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Wednesday 18 February 2009

Sandyforth Bank ...

I've been fiddling around in the engine room today trying to make the site easier to get around. I have added 3 new buttons to click on the Home Page:




A full list of all the pages on the site.




Brings you straight here.




Takes you to the Thornton Cleveleys Forum
A
I've also added details of Sandforth Bank which built 1873 and has also gone on the Top 10 Oldest. I remember it as The Victorian House Restaurant, which was a bit creepy, must be the ghosts of the nuns lingering about !
I've also added some pictures of Hill House Farm which aren't the best quality but beggars can't be chosers.
A
A

3 comments:

  1. "In 1949 it changed hands again and was purchased by the Sisters of the Religious Order of Mercy in Burnley and for the next 28 years was used as a holiday home for the nuns."

    I believe it was run like the Priory, so that nuns could kick the habit. (Boom Boom!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know what it is about that place, i have been in it in it,s various states {pub, restaurant,even went in it in my teens with my father for some reason , think he was doing some work there. still nun,s there then. my point i am trying to get to is it never felt right to me . i cant put my finger on it but it always felt strange whenever i went in, sounds daft but i always got the impression that someone or something was trying to tell me something even today as soon as i walk in i get this feeling. {spooky}.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean Michael. I went when I was in my teens and when it was the Victorian House and that woman who opened the door in the Victorian getup scared the bejeezus out of me.

    Its a bit like in the films when someone goes into the remote village pub and they all belong to some strange sect.

    Spooky.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM