We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Sunday 8 March 2009

Who knocked the brake ...

Evening all .. I hope you all had a nice weekend even thought the weather has been pants.

I haven't had chance to do a quiz for tonight so I will do one tomorrow instead.

I have had a contact from someone who remembers being at Millfield and one of the workmen on Marsh Mill accidentally knocking the brake off and the sails whizzing round at a fine rate of knots. It was reported in the Gazette the next day so I will have to amend the notes on Marsh Mill. They also say that the grassed area at the top of Woodlands Ave was used as a temporary WW1 monument whilst the larger one was built at four lanes end.

Am off now to make tea before my Sunday night TV fest.

How to Post a Comment

A

7 comments:

  1. I remember Marsh Mill getting struck by lightning back in...er...89 or something. I heard the bang it made in Bispham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. melanie sunday night tv fest, you sure!!! {not a tv fan} hope every one had a good weekend also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yeh !

    Dancing on Ice
    Wild at Heart
    Dancing on Ice
    Piers Morgan

    I have no life ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Frank Sinatra jnr Carn't half skate
    the way he was throwing that Fedora about last week it was almost "OLD BLACK EYES IS BACK"

    ReplyDelete
  5. No mention of Time Team in that list I notice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really can't stand Ray as I think he is cocky .. always want to poke him in the eye but when he starts skating he's fab. My favourite is Donal as he has improved each week where as Ray has always been good.

    Brian
    I tape Time Team and also the back to back re-runs on Saturday morning .. I usually have about 15 in reserve ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually I fell asleep watching Time Team last night. All that fresh air at Little Marton Mill must have worn me out.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM