We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Wednesday 25 March 2009

Half Day ...

Well I was all set to go to the Library this afternoon; list - check, memory stick - check. Rang the Library and they close on a Wednesday afternoon .. I honestly didn't think anyone did that any more.

I've put a now picture in the gallery today for Thornton Village - c1905 but I still don't think I have got the angle right. In the older photo I've realised there is a building between the Gardeners Arms and the camera where the car park is now and it has thrown me out as I tend to line up the chimney pots for the now shot. It doesn't help that Gaskells Cottages went across the entrance to Warren Drive a bit. I have put it on but think I will go back and try again another day.

I've also added a photo of Lawson Lane (now Lawsons Road) .. well technically I added it the other day but forgot to tell anyone.

I'm also looking for information on Thornton Fire Brigade at the mo. I heard a story the other day about someones Grandad who was the local ironmonger and was also the fireman as he was the only one in the Village who had a ladder!

How to add a Comment

A

5 comments:

  1. i still can,t understand why fleetwood shuts on a wed afternoon, stuck in tradition i suppose. it,s the same on a sunday where as cleveleys is packed.
    fleetwood shops are always open on tram sunday i wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's the same with Poulton on a Sunday and that's when I would go to have a wander.

    I can also never understand why they have Tram Sunday on the same day as Gt Eccleston Show. I would go to both of them if they weren't and the traffic heading to the motorway is horrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I close for halfday every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all i bought that exact same postcard the 1905 f/wood rd off ebay last week . my mate lives in one of the cottages on the right . its church rd and waring drive to the left by the way not marsh rd . cheers andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy

    You are quite right it is Church Road, don't know why I've put Marsh Road .. off to change it.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM