We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Thursday 26 March 2009

Rowlands Farm ...

I will be glad when this week is over .. I seem to have had my numpty magnet turned up to full this week. I won't go into my dealings with the printers for the sake of my blood pressure.

Last time I went to the Library it took them ages to find the photographs I was looking for so I emailed them on Monday to let them know I was sending a list. Sent the list the next day, received a reply to say they had got it. Went today and they hadn't got them out! Not only that they couldn't find my email with the list attached until it was found in the high priority 'Deleted' file. So with my pc booked I sat for an hour and a half and they managed to find 4 photos until I lost the will to live and called it a day.

I have put on a photo of Threshing at Rowlands Farm and in the Gallery a picture which just had Thornton 1930's on the back. It looks like Burn Naze to me and Alkali Works related but can't quite place it.

Just to prove a point ...

Instructions on a Swedish chainsaw:
"Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(...was there a lot of this happening somewhere!?)

A

6 comments:

  1. Rowlands Lane Meadow...another haunt of my childhood now long since built on. I used to have a photograph of the place before the Hermitage went up, but I've no idea where it is now. If I ever find it I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Brian

    My friend used to live in the house set back from the road on the corner where the entrance to Rowlands Farm used to be. They had a bit of a small holding and I still have the scars from the 'chicken attack'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who cares!! still sitting with me legs crossed from that chain saw thing {genitals} Cringe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i dont think its the Alali works building not high enough, if you look at the roof of the you can see a row of chimney pots, Thats a Steam Crane with what looks like a dredging bucket and the men are all wearing Wellies,s possible some sort of diking operation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi James

    I hadn't noticed the wellies and now we know it is a steam crane. Have noticed in the bottom left of the photo it looks a bit like laid planks where you would expect the road to be. It looks a bit like a railway crossing but the railway didn't go that close to houses. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM