We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Tuesday 24 March 2009

Library Expedition ...

I was supposed to be going off to Fleetwood Library for the afternoon today to plunder their old photo selection but things never go to plan. Hubbie needed the car so I will have to go tomorrow now. They have a great photo I am trying to get my hands on and just hope that there is no copyright written on the back.

I went out on Sunday to get some 'now' photo's for the Gallery and bumped into my brother-in-law who dragged us kicking and screaming to the pub so that was the end of that. I promise to be a better history hunter for the rest of the week.

The answer to this weeks quiz was the entrance gate to the Towers on Holmfield Ave
1st place goes to Brian (misspent youth)

An Oldie but Goodie ... Mother knows best!

One day a dad was in charge of his 2 1/2 year old daughter who was playing with her little 'tea set', her favourite toy. Dad was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when she brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water.

After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, the Mum came home. Dad made her wait in the living room to watch their daughter bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' The Mum waited, and sure enough, here the little girl came down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy and she watches him drink it up.

Then she says, (as only a mother would know).'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet?'

A

6 comments:

  1. Not so much a misspent youth, as a misspent life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE the Quiz: i think its a bit unfair, when i go down that way i get funny looks from the security guards.I like the joke you should open a joke section
    My daughter (EX Civil Service Dont you know)
    sends me hundreds some of them repeatable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know .. I have a vast collection of jokes but not many I can put on here! I might open a joke thread but they have to be family friendly.

    I spent most of my childhood in Tower Woods and the site of the gate posts brings back great memories. Chucking my pushie over the gate .. ah good times. I already have the picture for next weeks quiz and its one that everybody should know and can be seen by all. I have to say Mike was close with his guess of West Drive but was mean as wanted the actual location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i knew where it was , just had a little trouble with the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised I never bumped into you in the Towers when I was a kid. Having said that, by the time you arrived there I'd probably moved on to bigger and better locations...such as Ramper Pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I skipped Ramper Pot and went straight to Jubilee Gardens from the Towers.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM