We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Thursday 12 March 2009

Thornton Genealogy ...

Now I'm beginning to lose the will to live with Google who still can't seem to realise that my site is about Thornton. They can however find this little old Blog so we might be getting some strange titles for a while as I try to sneak in the through the back door.

I was sent a stunning photo last night taken on Stanah Hill in 1947 - it's such a good pic I've not had to touch it or tweak it at all and have just put it on as is in the Gallery. It's a timeless picture .. just change the dress of the farmer and it could have been taken 100years before (am not a plough expert but strangely I think I might know a man who is!).

Tonights clue for the Quiz is ... You won't find any fish in this Dyke! (keep it clean)

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if there is something going on in out airspace but in the last hour we have had 3 large planes fly over very low in the same direction. Have never seen them fly that way before ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seem to have a problem locating you on google:
    Let's see if this works...
    Are you sure that's a photograph of Stanah Hill? I've never seen houses on the top of Stanah Hill before, and I'm sure those are buildings in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats what it says on the back,
    but on closer inspection it looks like the top end of Downings meadow.()Can't be seen from the road

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will change the name of the pic tomorrow. You can find me on google if you type the name in but if you just search 'thornton, lancashire' I am on page 31 :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try typing Fylde and Wyre in...you'll be scrolling through the pages forever before you come across my site. I'm even outranked by the Fylde and Wyre Junior Beetle Hunters Club.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shouldn't laugh but I know how you feel. It really annoys me that at the end of the day if you have a load of useless unrelated links on your site you come up at the top even though your site has no information on Thornton at all! I don't want to do that with my site but if it's the only way I might end up having to.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM