We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Sunday 29 March 2009

Thornton, Lancashire ...

Website dedicated to the history of Thornton, now part of Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire.

Sorry another dodgy title tonight as people are still finding the site through this blog.

What a fantabulous day it has been today .. have been out on Fleetwood beach with the dog and hubbie has bought a scate board (don't ask). I went on the Gala site today to find out the date of this years Gala and unfortunately the site was powered by Lycos which has gone bump so I hope they get something up and running soon. I've also been contacted by a lady whose father grew up in Thornton on Marsh Farm and he has written his life story which she is sending me so I look forward to receiving that. I have a couple of photos to add to the site tomorrow so onwards and upwards.

Its great to see a few more people joining us on the Thornton Cleveleys Forum run by Mike, the more the merrier!

Now for the quiz - Where in Thornton am I? ...



Please post your answers here as usual












Answer on Tuesday

10 comments:

  1. evening folks, still daylight and sunny at 6.40pm any one would thing it was spring. been up in cleveleys today went to the pictures and had lunch out at the pub next door {very nice it was}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the meal I had there last time I went to. Liked the free salad bar and really good value for money - I'm all for that, I hate to be ripped off. Went to Chinos in Thornton the other day and ordered a chicken piri-piri baton and was charged £3.40. I was still grumbling about it the next day. Went to Cleveleys Deli and had a top baton for £2.40. Lesson learnt.

    I have had 2 correct answers for the quiz (knew I should have blurred it!) both within 10mins of each other. Will tell you Tuesday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe we need to ask for a free meal what with all this plugging we are giving them. {agree on the free salad bar and will go again}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free salad bar? What's the point in that? Now free chips...that'd be a different matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie, just seen a bloke on a skate board could it have been your husband? he was on hillylaid going into stuart road next to the vet,s . he looked like he had had a few.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micheal
    I would be the one holding my knee from where I have fallen off, & thats not due to drink....Come to think of it may just improve my skills. Thanks for the idea!
    Ps Don't tell Mel
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Re the Forum, still carn't get on when I enter the link I am told theres no such link,!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let
    you know a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

    Take a look at my site :: insomnia movie
    Here is my web site : insomnia effects

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM