We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Friday 27 March 2009

Christ Church ...

Evening All ...

IT'S THE WEEKEND !

Have put a picture of Christ Church 1912 on today .. it's the first one I've had to buy but I couldn't find a good one anywhere else (the wonders of e-bay).

Just a quickie tonight - hope you all have a great weekend whatever you may be doing. I personally am having the girls round for a girlie night in .. its all Bridget Jones and Vodka!

I'm about to start writing up about the Railway in Thornton so will hopefully have that on soon. I just want to get all my facts straight first.

A

4 comments:

  1. have a good night Melanie, i may have a small malt myself tonight. have a good weekend all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll join you in a vodka, but Bridget Jones can go in the bin. A couple of hours of Mario Kart instead is the more sensible option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There used to be a Lych Gate at the corner of Church Rd/Meadows Ave and a beautifull Floweing Cherry Tree,It was there in 1946 when my Grandad was buried.It is Alleged that the cofin would be opened at the gate and if the body was covered in a woollen shroud a wool tax had to be paid.I wonder if you could'nt pay did you have to take the body back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so bizarre it has to be true. It makes you wonder where some of these old customs come from .. fancy taxing the dead.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM