We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Thursday 2 July 2009

If you can't stand the Heat ...

Well tonight I don't actually have anything new to add to the site as I am being slowly boiled .. from the inside!! Each day I am wearing less and less to keep cool and am starting to alarm small children now :-D

I usually make a trip at least to the library once a week to dig up something of interest for the site but It's just too dang hot to go and look. I was also hoping to go the Records Office this week .. apply excuse above. My recent purchase of a genuine leather-effect computer chair (I'm posh me) is now not looking so great. I won't alarm you with the unpleasant side effects of sitting in it as it's nearly tea time. Lets just say I haven't been on the computer much this week.

I know we always complain about the weather but I just wish it would cool down in the evening so I could get something done. I've just been accepted to offer Ticketmaster tickets through the Go buzz website which is great but I haven't even been able to get that set up yet either. Fortunately it is forecast to rain all day Friday and Saturday and the temperature is supposed to drop drastically .. I hope they are right this time.

I remember the summer of 1977 and the heatwave. We used to spend all summer camping at a farm in the Lakes and spent most of the summer in the nuds splashing around in a pond there. If you hear on the news tonight about someone being arrested in the Towers .. it might just be me :-O

A

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie, you are correct about it being to hot to do anything, computers and forums are never busy when it,s hot like this, i was always under the impression it was the summer of 76 when we had the heatwave {but what do i know}, whenever it was i do remember setting fire the the riverbank and a farmers field by accident i may add . take it easy folks and get get to hot.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM