We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Tuesday 21 July 2009

The Sunday Quiz ...

I'm still scanning pictures in but have come up against a bit of a copyright issue. Hopefully I will know by Thursday and will be able to update you a bit more.

Bit of a short one as am puppy sitting tonight and it's like Fred Carno's circus in here. I'm only used to 14 year old Tinka now!


Now for the Quiz ...

Where in Thornton Am I? ... and the answer is ...












Baines Endowed School

In 1st place .. Mike
In 2nd place .. James
In 3rd place .. Brenda
In 4th place .. Andy

A

5 comments:

  1. When I went there it was like the photo in the Gallery,

    ReplyDelete
  2. where am i and what decade is it, 50th yesterday or so i am told. it was a good day, bit to much drink was drunk {good english} .

    james , what,s that then black and white lol.

    melanie, hope the puppy sitting went well and your slippers are still intact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James

    Ah .. I thought this was the old bit. It's very confusing with all the old photos taken looking from the other side. I've got another photo which I'm about to put on which might be around your era.

    Hi Mike

    Sorry I forgot to wish you happy birthday .. I was going to put a post on the forum but my memory is pants. Puppy sitting was a bit of a shock .. tinka is so sedate and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Micheal, Mostly Grey, I remember we had Chalk and Slates to write on, and every thing was
    learned by rote,it certaianly stuck.

    Hi,H.H. There was only the one buildin. T he School Rd entrance (Girls Playground) was Via a Porch, facing a corridor with 2 clasrooms on each side.At the other end of the corridor was the Boys Play Ground opposite rhe Bay Horse(No fratenization in those days,)

    ReplyDelete
  5. {chalk & slate} and there was i thinking we had it tough what with still having the ink well,s in the desk. my brother went to burn naze and i remember they had boy/girl playgrounds as well, i suppose they all did.

    melanie, re- birthday no problems with forgetting it,s something i intend to do myself from now on lol.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM