We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Thursday 16 July 2009

Marsh House Farm ...

Well I think that normal service can now be resumed after my break.

I posted a piece in the memory section about a gentleman growing up on Marsh Farm a while ago. His daughter has been up from down south and has called round and left a big pile of old photos for me to scan. The majority of them are class photos of Baines Endowed School during the 1950's which I am going to link to from the Document Website when I manage to get them scanned in. I know they are not really old photo's but am grateful for any photo's to make the site better.

I also have some old photo's of Marsh Farm itself which are great as they are ones I haven't seen before and they really bring the story to life. I've started to add them on the site but am having to do a bit of reshuffling because I can only fit so much on each page so am having to take it from a 2 part story to a 3 part. It's all a bit higgeldy piggeldy at the moment but I've managed to get 2 on at the moment here.

I have to be careful as I've mentioned before I can only have 250 pictures on the site in total and when I post a pic in the gallery the small 'index' picture counts as 1 and also the larger picture inside so I am using them up faster than I would like. I will try an post as many as I can across in the gallery as well. I'll keep you updated.

A

4 comments:

  1. Melanie would it not be better to link to another site for you photo,s at some point you will reach your limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike

    I already do that and am quite pleased you haven't noticed as I didn't want it to be obvious. I want to try and keep as much as possible on the main site as I like the index pages you can look down. I think eventually I will have to move the whole site as it grows but for now am just being careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie my wife says the same i, notice nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be a mind reader,I posted how we had to start tractors on the "Chippy" site at 9.45 am yesterday,

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM