We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Tuesday 30 June 2009

The Sunday Quiz ...

Evening all .. well probably not all if Brian is still trying to get back online (I just have this picture of him trying to make something out of a radio and a soldering iron muttering away about BT).

I've added some info on the site today about Huck de Singleton. I was positive he owned land in Thornton but it turns out I can't actually find a record of him having done so. I know his son did and after 3 days of trawling through latin translations from the 12th century I'm putting him on anyway (you can imagine the 'so there' at the end of that sentence).

I've put off my visit to the Records Office this week due to the heat .. I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in a boiling hot room. I wish it would thunder to clear the air .. I'm not built for heat.


Now for the Quiz

Where in Thornton am I? ...












The Answer was ... The Last Orders Pub.

The posts can be seen from the road and must have been the main gate posts at some point although they are now at the back of the car park.

In 1st place .. Andy
In 2nd place .. John
In 3rd place .. Mike


Just for Fun ...

This is a new blog belonging to Phil from Rossall Beach.

Phil's Fun Stuff

A

4 comments:

  1. blast it, i knew is wasn,t the ruddy bay horse.
    with you all the way on the heat thing Melanie, as good old british rail would say it,s the wrong kind of heat.

    as for Brian, maybe he is thinking of getting some homing pigeons lol i also have a mental immage of him tinkering with an old valve radio trying to make a modem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that on behalf of the teatotal (and Banned from licenced premises members of this forum ) That quiz seems to have a fetish with Pub photo's, I wonder what Freud would make of it?(wink)

    Regarding Brians problem,a "Phone In" may be the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also been accused of picking places around where I live. I think you both might have a point ;-)

    James .. Brian has got rid of all BT so he hasn't got a phone either. That really made me laugh .. I know I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its back to the jungle drums then

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM