We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Tuesday 2 June 2009

The Sunday Quiz ...

Evening all. There is someone on Brians forum asking about the whereabouts of Stackstead Bungalow which on the 1901 census is listed as being on Victoria Road .. well Ramper Road to be exact. I've narrowed it down to between Lytham Villas (the red dot) and Mayfair Gardens (the red line) on the map below. Has anybody heard of Stackstead Bungalow?










Click picture to enlarge.

The gentleman who lived there, a Mr Henry Heys, was a stone mason and built and owned a lot of the houses at Burn Naze.


And now for the Quiz ...

The answer to this weeks quiz was ... Trunnah
(note to self .. don't do any more crosswords. I wouldn't let any of you lot on my boat either :-D)




















In 1st and only place is ... Brian

A

9 comments:

  1. Annoyingly I used to deliver papers along that stretch of Victoria Road when I was a kid, and probably knew all of the house names. I should have paid more attention...or done something about my terrible memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, If you get a warning from the Dept; of Health, advising you not to eat tined pork, Ignore it its SPAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brian

    I've never noticed the name before.

    Hi James
    Thats just my sense of humour that is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won't have heard of the 1940s delicacy "SNOOK" then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi James

    It doesn't sound very nice :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. SNOOK =Whale Meat.
    Fitting a new Router, I think the instuctions are in Japanese,or I am.I'll be back if and when they let me back on, just one more Lap Top to fight and then i should be up and running

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,I noticed on Brian's site that someone was asking about the white house on School Rd,with an orchard.
    It was on the corner of Tarn Rd and School Rd,An old lady lived there in the 1930s she sold fruit and sweets,I lived at the last house on School Rd at that time.The orchard to the right belonged to the farm at the rear there are bungalows built on it now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi James

    I didn't think SNOOK sounded very nice .. yuk!

    I will pass on the info to John about the white house. Hope you managed to get your new router up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Router OK at the moment, I hope it stays that way.( incidentally a relative of mine a Mrs Salisbury) owned the white house for in the 1950s,

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM