We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Sunday 14 June 2009

Stanah Lease with Plan ...

Well they well and truely got the weather wrong today .. not a drop of rain in sight. I hope it lasts for the rest of the summer unlike last year. It was nice to see so many people out and about but I won't say where for the obvious reasons. My weekends now consist of looking for good photo's balanced against how much of a plank I'm going to look taking them!

I've added another lease document onto the website which relates to some land at Stanah. The main document was 4 sheets written on velum which were joined at the bottom by a row of seals. Unfortunately it had been folded and I wasn't allowed to open it out fully to copy what was inside. The document I've added was a seperate Indenture document relating to the main document. It is quite long winded and complicated but I've come to realise that different people are looking for different information and this one has quite a few names in it. I also managed to copy a small plan from the back of the main document. I was really excited when I saw the word plan on the Records Office index but to be honest I nearly missed it .. beggars can't be choosers though.


Now for the Quiz

Where in Thornton am I? ...

There are 2 photo's this week both from the same location .. I will post the first one tonight and the second one tomorrow night.















Both the photo's are 'outside' somewhere


Please email your answers here this week.

2nd Photo

Click to enlargeA




A

8 comments:

  1. No idea, but it's somewhere Edwardian.

    Incidentally, the weather forecast has got us down for torrential rain and forty mile an hour winds by Wednesday. That buggers up our excavation plans for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, does anybody know what's happened to the Thornton Cleveleys Forum? It's gone walkabout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brian

    The Thornton Forum has been down all day .. I emailed Mike and its something to do with them not him. Hopefully back up soon.

    Is this the big dig you were going to do last month? .. can you tell us where it is yet. It's weird, I love maps and documents but don't have the urge to dig but would love you to find something good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,

    Can't reveal the location yet...and at this rate, if the weather doesn't cheer up a bit, I'm never going to be able to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok it look,s like i will be needing the second photo. as for the forum i have no idea what,s going on, it,s still down today thats the price you pay for free forums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike

    Hope it comes back up soon .. you don't think they've gone bump do you.

    Hi Brian

    Will you be able to tell us after Wednesday or do we have to wait till the end of the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Melanie,

    i have no idea as yet on the forum from what i can gather all forums that are with this lot are also down, just have to hope for the best.

    as for your comp, i am still not getting it. need to get my thinking cap on.

    Brian i have a couple of hours free on wed, weather permitting i may just venture along to the dig.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie,

    We'll be digging all week and then again in July. It's up to the committee as to when I can actually release the info. (The truth is,they're keeping me quiet in case I've got it wrong, so they don't end up with egg on their faces.)

    Mike,

    The forecast isn't looking good for Wednesday, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thursday looks a bit better though...

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM