We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Tuesday 19 May 2009

The Sunday Quiz ...

I am ploughing through all the information I have at the moment to put together a list of who the main land owners were in Thornton through the ages. So far I have managed to put together the inheretance lines of the 'de Singletons' (bit of a query on Joan de Singleton in this one), almost all the 'Banastre's' and the 'de Thornton's'. I'm hoping to do a Timeline section for the website but its proving challenging to say the least!

I'm also still waiting for permission from the Records Office who I emailed again today but was told to be patient .. not my strongest characteristic.


Now for the Quiz

The answer to this weeks quiz was ...












Sacred Heart Church Hall

The one an only correct entry this week was .. Mike

Its actually a really nice spire which I didn't notice until the other day.

A

3 comments:

  1. RE; Land owners, you might find the Swarbricks and later the Braides

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have known that one. It's actually a Pugin church, is that...at least, one built by Pugin's sons. St Mary's in Fleetwood is a genuine Pugin church. Or did you already know that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James

    I'm heading in the that direct but have only made it to the 14th century at the moment. Thanks for the tip.

    Hi Brian

    No I didn't know that .. thanks for the info. I will have a look see at St Marys in Fleetwood.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM