We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Thursday 2 April 2009

Bit of a quiet Spell ...

At the moment I am in the midst of launching my Go buzz to the nice folk of the Wyre and Fylde and it has been taking up quite a bit of my time .. apologies. This new site is the one where I hope to make a bit from advertising whilst Thornton Through Time is my hobby site. Once Go buzz is up and running and I have entered all the information it will be quite low maintenance and can get back to foraging for historical bits which is the fun bit.

I have reached the point in my history hunt where a trip to the Records Office is called for and that is not as easy as it sounds as most of the time you don't know what you are looking for. There are no magic records marked 'all you need to know about Thornton' its just the odd sentence here and there in the most unlikely places which you have to piece together. I wish it was available online so a journey to Preston could be avoided but hey ho.

I would also like to announce that I have been to the doctors and had my furry winter socks surgically removed ready for the summer.

6 comments:

  1. I've had my hair cut so summer must be around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with Go buzz Melanie, it,s been rather warm today. so i may get a hair cut myself tomorrow .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie,

    This site might help. You can pin down the catalogue number you're after with it, saving hours of needless trawling through musty old documents. (Although it does rather spoil the fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brian

    I just wish it was nearer and they would just let me root through stuff bit by bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. see what happens when you take your winter socks off !

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM