We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Tuesday 14 April 2009

Sunday Quiz .. but on a Tuesday !!

I hope you are all feeling refreshed after the easter break and all the nice weather.

I have put a new picture on the site in the gallery which shows the building of Sacred Heart School (now Madhatters) on Heys Street/ Crabtree Road. I couldn't quite place which angle it had been taken from but had a good look round whilst they were closed for Easter .. I didn't fancy being caught taking pictures round a childrens play area !!

Its taken from the back of the School on Crabtree as if you look closely at the arch over the door each section is made from 2 bricks end on instead of one brick lengthways. You can also just make out the space for 2 small windows behind the men. I didn't have the original image with me to take a comparison but will go back another day and at the moment am not sure of the date but a quick trip to the library should solve that.

Edit: The School Opened in September 1898 so building would most likely be the same.

Now for the Quiz ...

This week I am just doing a Yes/ No Quiz.
Try and be specific with the questions you ask and ask them in the comments section below this week. If you ask 'are you near water' I can't answer because I could be 3 miles away but still near water. If I can't answer you will see ***.

OK - clear as mud!

Where in Thornton am I?

Useful Site
Watch live freeview tv on your computer.

A

36 comments:

  1. are you in trunnah {the hamlet not the road}

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok are you in stanah, can you see where this is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. change of tac, are you near a pub half mile radius .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike

    Yes.. dya get the feeling Brian is going to let you do all the hard work and leap in at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you near the tavern at the mill

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you at Thornton Lodge or River Wytre Hotel?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi are you in or around burn naze ? cheers andy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you standing on the cricket field just south of the Bourne Hall site with a cigarette in one hand and a bacon butty in the other? Or was that somebody else I saw?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andy

    NoHi Brian

    No .. but its getting cold out here

    ReplyDelete
  10. nah that was me brian ! i was pretending to look for the wifes missing cat !! andy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andy,

    Just wave your bacon butty about. Mine can spot a bacon butty and come running from several gardens away, despite the view being blocked by numerous fences.

    Melanie,

    Are you within twenty yards of a public toilet...because if it's getting cold where you're standing it might be a good idea to check.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not going to reply to that under the grounds this is a family blog :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually, I've just been reading through the questions so far and I think I've worked it out.

    Are you sat on a moving bus?

    ReplyDelete
  14. To above was in response to Andy

    Brian

    No

    ReplyDelete
  15. thats why i said cat !!!!!!!!! got it you just been kicked out of the bay horse !! its bloody cold on that car park !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry that was from andy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Andy

    More specific question ***Ooo I like being mean.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your not hanging around with them hoodies are u ? at the precinct ? cheers andy

    ReplyDelete
  19. The old railway platform...no...yes...(Grits teeth and clenches knuckles until they turn white in anticipation.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brian

    Correct
    You folks are too clever and annoying .. this was supposed to go on for days !! Am gonna have to get my thinking cap on for next week. Think it might be a treasure hunt geocaching style.

    Brian .. I really struggled when you asked if I was within 20 metres of a public toilet and had to get the map out to check the distance to the loo's in Somerfield Carpark.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Strictly speaking, of course, the station platform's been used as a public toilet by a great many customers leaving the Bay Horse for several hundred years now.

    I'm glad I chose that one after much deliberation. Originally I was going to go with the moon suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay...I've got one. This could be anywhere in the universe, at any period of time. Go ahead...do your worst.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The old railway platform, that was going to be my very next question. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM