We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Sunday 6 September 2009

Going .. Going .. No it's still there!

For those of you who missed it ...




















Going ...



















Going ...




















Nope .. its still there!



















I was intending to video the whole thing but as the sirens go off is not a good time to find out you haven't used your camera for anything other then pics for a while. I couldn't get the video to work and only just managed to get the snaps above at the last mo. I looked around to see if I could recognise anyone but quite how I was going to do that I don't know.

The event itself didn't go exactly to plan. From what I could see the explosives across the back of the building didn't go off so the building colapsed down at the front at an alarming angle. The result is probably a bigger mess than when they started. The chimney is 91 meters high so judging on the expertise shown when it comes down I will be standing 92 meters away!!!


Now for the Quiz ...

Where in Thornton Am I ?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Answers here as usual
Or email here

A

12 comments:

  1. Hi H.H., Ive e-mailed you a Video (its on U tube) From my source, its app 31/2 mins in

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one james, melanie at one point we were on the other side of the hedge to your location next to the fire engine. i have a feeling it should have blown up some more it just seemed to topple over on it,s side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James

    You're a star .. I knew someone would come up with a video.

    Hi Mike

    Yep it didn't seem to go right at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the Words from Elton John " I still standing " re the power station..

    J D-A

    ReplyDelete
  5. off topic it,s getting that time of year again where we spend more time online {darker nights} i must admit i need to spend more time on the thornton-cleveleys forum. it,s the internet or the pub , a difficult one i grant you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike

    I know what you mean. I'm spending almost all my time on go buzz at the moment trying to get it up the Google rankings. I want to do TTT but I have to work on the one thats going to make me money. Now the darker night are coming I should have more time to do both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi H.H/ Mike, e-mailed you a load of stills I've just received, my staff must think they're on overtime(Nooo Chance)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We heard the explosion in Fleetwood, followed shortly by a noxious cloud of smoke. But enough about my indigestion, how'd the demolition go? (Boom boom!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brian yes the smoke was going your way but i would have to say it could have gone a little better it still looks like a lot of it is still standing, so a lot of manual work still to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the prospect of seeing the demolition on YouTube got my son racing out of bed lol.

    Have you hooked Twitter and Facebook to your Go Buzz site to increase your rankings?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jayne

    Unfortunately they don't improve my rankings ( or not that I know of) straight away but hopefully it might let people know in the meantime that I exsist. Its building slowly each month which suits me at the moment as I'm still working things out on the site. To be honest am just seeing at the moment which one fits in with what I want to do. Its looking like Twitter at the mo.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM