We have Moved

THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

Please visit the Thornton Through Time Forum for up to date information.



Monday 10 August 2009

Gone but not Forgotten ...

Evening all. Apologies for the delay in the Quiz but just ran out of time yesterday. Russ is off work this week so am not spending quite so much time on the tinternet at the mo.

Firstly tonight thanks for everyones help regarding Dish Dolls both here and on Brian's Forum. I went for a drive that way yesterday and the only place I could see still standing was the Poachers Pocket which (thanks to Chris) turns out to be where Dish Dolls was originally. It's now a house but I remember it being a restaurant. I love solving a mystery and with the team on here and brian's forum I don't think there's much we couldn't get to the bottom of.

I've added a map below (click to enlarge)


















I've also started a new section on the website called Gone but not Forgotten. The title is unashamedly nicked from Brian's forum but I couldn't think of a better way of describing this section. I am working on a page on the knife and dagger to put in but am still typing it up at the moment so the final link is not active yet.


Now for the Quiz ...

Where in Thornton Am I ?

















Answers here as usual ... or email


** HERES A BIT MORE OF THE PIC **

















Just for Fun

This is amazing


A

6 comments:

  1. i have to say at this point you have me as far as the quiz goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike

    Its about time I've been trying for weeks ;-) I have had a correct answer already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Just heard from a reliable source that CPS (The old power Station and Chimney) are to be
    "Blown up in October, dont know exact date but it will be a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. time to go and get some pics before it,s gone then, i have to pass that way in the morning so i will get a couple of pic,s. thanks james.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi James

    Ditto .. I will go and get some shots myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just for a laugh,

    "The Big Bad Wolf said" I'll Huff and I'll Puff and Blow You House Down"
    The Little Pig said " If You Do I'll Sneeze On You".The Wolf Made a Hasty Retreat.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING UPDATED ...

FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS PLEASE VISIT THE THORNTON THROUGH TIME
FORUM